The Policies describe our policies on the collection, use and disclosure of information about you in connection with your use of our Services, including those offered through our websites and communications (eg emails, phone calls and texts).
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect, transmit and store information about you in connection with your use of the Services, including any information you send to or through the Services. We use that information to provide the Services' functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Services' quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Services, personalise your experience, track usage of the Services, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Services, display relevant advertising, market the Services, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Services and comply with legal obligations. Even when We do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Cookies and similar technologies
We, and third parties with whom we partner, may use cookie, web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash, advertising identifiers and similar technology ("Cookies") in connection with your use of the Services. We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as authentication, security, preference settings, advertising, measurement and analytics.
Cookies may contain unique identifiers and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Services, such as your browser types, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have interacted with, and the date and time of your use.
- Processes: Intended to make the Services work in the way you expect. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
- Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Services. For example, we may use a Cookie that stops us from showing you certain notifications if you have already seen it.
- Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Services. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Services. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security setting. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
When is my data shared?
- Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Services, such as communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Services, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on our Services. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or interacted with advertisements.
- Businesses listed on our Services: We may share information from or about you and your use of the Service with businesses listed on our Services. Additionally, if you contact a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share with the business, information about your contact that the business would have received had you contacted them directly.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Services may link to third party-controlled websites, like a business' URL, however, we do not share you personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third Party Integrations: If you sign up for, or log into the Services using a third party service or link your Services account with your account with a third party service, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Services, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service. Some of our web pages utilise framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party partners, while preserving the look and feel of the Services.
To the extent required by applicable law, we keep the personal information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable time thereafter to comply with applicable laws.
The Services are intended for general audiences and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from individuals under the age of 13 or such other age as may be directed by applicable law.
We use various safeguards to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
More information for EEA, UK and Switzerland consumers
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our Services, communicate with you in relation to our services, or for our other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, to analyse and improve our platform, engage in marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the specific information concerned and the context in which we collect it. We, however, will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for instance, to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services).
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal data, including: the right to access your personal data, and the right to request that we correct, update or delete your personal data. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information and request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.